Today I got up late. I had only 30 minutes to cook. So I wanted to prepare a one pot meal for my kid's lunch box. As I had two bunches of palak in my fridge, I thought of preparing palak pulao. Priya had once prepared dhal pulao. So I just thought of integrating that idea into the palak pulao recipe. The pulao came out well. It is highly nutritious and very tasty. I like cooking pulao in open pan. If you wish to use pressure cooker then reduce the amount of water used.
Ginger-a small piece
Coriander and mint leaves-a handful
Cinnamon-1 small piece
Green chilly-4-5(can use it according to your taste)Olive oil-2tbs
1. Grind ginger, garlic,coriander, mint and green chillies to a coarse paste without adding water.
2. Clean palak leaves and cut them into small pieces.
3. Heat oil and add the whole masalas.
4. When they splutter, add onion and saute till golden brown.
5. Add the coarse paste and saute till the raw smell vanishes.
6. Soak masoor dhal for 15minutes and add it.
7. After one minute add palak and turmeric powder.
8. When the mixture becomes dry, add water and salt.
9. Soak rice for 30minutes.
10. When the water starts boiling, add the soaked rice.
11. Stir it often to avoid sticking at the bottom.
12. When the rice is 90%done, and have little water left, add ghee.
13. Switch flame to low and cover the pan with lid.
14. Once done remove from flame and leave it for 15minutes.
15. Enjoy with raitha or papads.
- About The Author
- Baking Eggless Group
- WTML Host List
- Egg Less Bakes
- Sweets and Snacks
- Rice Varieties, Indian Breads and International Recipes
- Gravy, Side Dishes and Appetizers
- Regional Specials and Basics
- Challenges I Took Part And My Videos
- Kitchen Basics
- Sai Cakes n Bakes
- Celebrating Festivals