Oats Upma

This is a nice diet recipe. I have started using oats recently. But I don't like the porridge usually prepared with oats. After reading so many blogs, I decided to prepare upma with oats. On the first day I used 1 1/2 cup water for 1 cup oats and the upma was mushy. So the next day I reduced the amount of water. I used equal quantities of water and oats and the upma was perfect. Even my hubby liked it. Sending this to CWF- Oats hosted by Priya and started by Kiran






Ingredients:
Oats-1cup
Water-1cup
Green Peas-1/8cup
Onion-1
Green Chilly-3
Carrot-1
Methi Leaves-a handful
Cabbage-1/8cup
Salt-to taste
Mustard and urad dhal-1tsp
Oil-1tsp


Procedure:
1. Dry roast oats till crisp. Keep it aside.
2. Heat oil and splutter mustard and urad dhal. You can also use curry leaves.
3. Add onion and green chillies. Saute till translucent.
4. Add all the veggies one by one and stir it well.
5. Switch flame to low and sprinkle little water to cook the veggies.
6. When the veggies are tender add water and salt.
7. When water boils, add the oats.
8. Switch flame to low and cook the oats.
9. When the oats is cooked and the mixture becomes dry, switch off flame.
10. You can garnish it with coriander leaves, if you prefer.
11. Serve with chutney of your choice.

Labels: , ,