Oats and Dates Paniyaram

I was terribly ill and couldn't get out of bed. So I skipped two days of blogging. Today I am still tired but couldn't stop blogging. So an easy recipe for you all. I used honey and dates to sweeten the paniyaram. I also used oats instead of grated coconut to make it bit healthier. My daughter liked it so much. Sending this to CWF-Oats by Priya started by Kiran and Celebrate Sweets-Sugarless Sweets by Sara started by Nivedita.



Ingredients:

Raw rice-1/2cup
Boiled rice-1/2cup
Methi seeds-1/2tsp
Urad dhal-2tbs
Oats-1/4cup
Dates-10
Honey-4tbs ( if you want it sweeter add 2 more tbs)
Milk-1/4cup
Cardamom powder-1/4tsp

Procedure:

1. Soak rice, dhal, methi seeds for 4 hours.
2. Grind it to a thick batter and ferment it for 8 hours.
3. Soak dates in 1/4cup milk for 1 hour and grind it to a fine paste.
4. After the batter has fermented add the dates paste, honey, cardamom powder and oats.
5. If the batter is too thick add little milk to bring it to the paniyaram consistency.
6. Heat kuzhi paniyaram moulds. 
7. Prepare paniyaram using the batter.
8. Serve hot with chutney of your choice.


Labels: , , ,