Eggless Walnut Brownie

For so many days I have been searching for a nice eggless brownie recipe. Today I saw this recipe at allrecipes.com. Thought of giving a try after two days. But when my daughter asked for some nice chocolate cake while went to sleep, I just surprised her with this brownie when she got up.She was so happy and she loved this brownie. I have never tried a brownie before. So I didn't have any idea about the result. But as I have seen many pictures of brownies, I am happy to have a brownie which resembles the snaps I have seen. It has a crackling top layer and little soft but firm interior. I myself couldn't stop munching these lovely brownies. Sending this to Chocolate Extravaganza-Monthly Mingle at Ria's started by Meeta ,Champa's Bake Off and Choco-Delite's at Taste Buds




Ingredients:


Maida-1/3+2cups
Water-1cup
Butter-1/2cup
Unsweetened Cocoa Powder-2/3cup
Sugar-2cups
Baking Powder-2 1/2tsp
Salt-1/2tsp
Chopped Walnuts-1/2cup
Vanilla Extract-1tsp


Procedure:


1. Grease a 9" * 13" cake tin. It is better to have a butter paper greased in the tin. Preheat oven to 175C.
2. Mix 1/3cup maida with 1cup water. In a heavy bottomed pan heat this mixture and stir it till it becomes thick. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and allow it to cool.
3. In the same pan, melt butter. Switch off flame and add cocoa powder and mix well without any lumps. The paste should be very smooth.
4. Add sugar and vanilla extract to the mixing bowl with cooked maida. Beat well. It will leave water.
5. Add the cocoa mixture and beat it until smooth.
6. Mix 2cups of maida, baking powder and salt. Add this to the mixing bowl and gently stir to mix it thoroughly.
7. Add the chopped walnuts and mix well.
8. Pour this to the cake tin and level with the back of spoon.
9. Bake for 20-25 minutes or till the tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
10. Remove from oven and let it cool for 10 minutes. 
11. Invert onto a cooling rack and allow it to cool completely.
12. With the help of a small sieve, sprinkle icing sugar on top of the brownie.
13. Cut into small squares and serve.


The original recipe is here

Labels: , , , , , , ,