Crispy Cracker Cups

This cracker cups were so cute. I saw the recipe at cookingbread.com. I did little changes to the original recipe and the result was fabulous. It doesn't contain butter and so you can eat it guilt free. Next time I would love to prepare it using only atta and I would never use poppy seeds because it makes me feel drowsy. After I finished the cups I had some dough left. I just rolled it and cut it with a star cookie cutter to get lovely cookies. My daughter enjoyed munching those cookies. The recipe is very easy to prepare and I loved the whole process. I had some Paneer and potato masal from a previous dish. So I used it as a filling. You can go for any filling. Treat your guests with these cute cups and you are sure to win their hearts.





Ingredients:

Flour-1 1/2cups
Rava/Sooji-1/2cup
Atta-1/4cup
Salt-1/2tsp
Poppy seeds-1tbs
Sesame seeds-1tbs
Instant Yeast-3/4tsp
Honey-2tbs
Olive oil-2tbs
Luke Warm Water-1/2-3/4cup
Oregano-1/2tsp
Basil-1/2tsp

Procedure:

  1. Mix all the ingredients except water in a bowl.
  2. Add water to prepare a soft dough. Knead it for 15 minutes to make it smooth and elastic.
  3. In another bowl apply oil and keep the prepared dough inside.
  4. Roll to coat the dough with oil.
  5. Cover the bowl with cling wrap and set aside for 1 hour.
  6. Deflate the dough. Make small balls out of the dough.
  7. Apply a little oil on the rolling board and pin.
  8. Roll the dough into thin circle. The cups will be crisy only if the circle is very thin.
  9. Cut out a circle using a small bowl as a template.
  10. Grease small aluminium cups and keep them inverted on a baking tray.
  11. Place the rolled out dough on each cup and shape them.
  12. Preheat oven to 200C. Bake the cups for 15 minutes / till they are golden brown.
  13. Remove from oven and let it cool. Slightly tap the cups to remove the cracker cups from mould.
  14. Serve it with any filling.
Photo Tutorial:

Take all the ingredients in a bowl
Add water and prepare a soft dough
After 1 hour
Grease small cups and keep them inverted on a tray
Roll the dough thin and cut out a circle
Place it on the cup and shape it
Repeat for all cups and bake
Ready!

Remaining dough cut into stars for my angel
Serve with filling of your choice

Labels: , , , , , ,