Award Time and two questionnaires

 I have been tagged by two of my blogger friends Fezi of Kitchen Boffin and Sujatha ( coolblogger) of Gourmet’s Kitchenette. First I would like to thank them for passing on this questionnaire to me.

First the award from Fezi. To accept this award, there are 4 rules:*


1. Thank the person who gave you the award: 
2. Share seven things about yourself 
3. Pass the award on to bloggers you have recently discovered and who you think are fantastic. 
4. Contact the bloggers you picked and let them know about the award.

Seven things about me:

  1. I am a homemaker living in Madurai and the proud mother of 4 years old Sruti and lovely wife of PPK.
  2. I have done my diploma in Fashion designing and I was conducting classes till I conceived Sruti.
  3. I love cooking and serving others. Even now I share my prepared dishes with my neighbors.
  4. I am a vegetarian. So I concentrate on egg less baking.
  5. I like doing yoga.
  6. I love reading novels and cookbooks.
  7. I do Mysore paintings. I would like to do an exhibition of my paintings.
     I would like to pass on this award to 12 fellow bloggers:

Suhaina of My Singapore Kitchen
Chitra of Konjam Vetti Pechu
Mahi of Welcome to Mahi's Space
Asiya Omar of Samaithu Asathalam
Akila of Learning to Cook
Nithya of 4th sense cooking
Pavithra of Dishes From my Kitchen
Santhosh Bangar of Santhosh's Kitchen
Padhu of Padhu’s Kitchen
Kavitha of Kavitha’s Kitchen
G.Pavani of Food Lovers
Palatable of Treat and Trick

The next questionnaire from Sujatha:
  
1. What is your take on organic food , is it a big deal for you ?
Organic food seems to be very costly and so I never ever go near that store.  

2.  Do you time your breakfast,lunch & dinner or eat when you are hungry ?

Yes, I time my breakfast, lunch and dinner. This is a habit I have developed from my childhood days. Even my hubby is just like me and so I have no problem.

3. What inspired you to write a food blog ?
I like to collect recipes. When I got the internet at my home I started browsing. I didn’t know anything about blogging. When I saw so many recipes and colourful pictures, My hubby told that even I can do the same thing. I didn’t believe him. He asked me start it and then learn the art through trial and error. On one fine day I just clicked on the start your blog button and then no turning back. My blog is 90 days old and I am so happy I have so many friends and for this I have to thank my dear hubby.

4. You try a new recipe and it does not turn out good,what will you do ?
This has happened many times. Usually I never waste food. So I try to use some other ingredients to transform it into a new dish and guess! No one knows about it unless I tell them.

5. Name three ingredients you consciously avoid or eliminate even when the recipe calls for it ?
Eggs, Eggs and Eggs

6. Name three things you have to use in most recipes ?
Tomatoes, Cumin seeds, Onions.

7. How important is eating meals together as a family to you?
I love to eat with my family. But it happens only on weekends. My hubby goes to work early and my kid goes to school. I have to feed her and so I have to take my breakfast after I drop her to school. Always I have my lunch alone. As for dinner, again hubby is late and I and sruti finish our dinner before he comes home. I eagerly wait for weekends for a nice get together.

8. You do not like a particular dish at your favorite restaurant, what will you do?
Very simple. I don’t order it.


    This is passed on to 8 of my blogger friends to keep the ball rolling.

    Ms. Chitchat of Chitchat@crossroads
    Sharmi of Neivedyam
    Kurinji of Kurinji Kadambam
    Nithubala of Nithu’s Kitchen
    Malar Gandhi of  Kitchen Tantra
    Biny Anoop of Biny’s Recipes
    Nisa Homey of Cooking Is Easy
    Priya Vaasu of Enveetu Kitchen

Labels: ,