Palak Poori

This is a healthy version of pooris. I just added 1/2 cup of cooked palak paste to the poori dough with a pinch of baking soda to get lovely green pooris. This was made as an attempt to make my daughter eat palak. And at last I succeeded in doing so. Now my daughter has asked me to prepare orange(carrot) pooris and pink(beetroot) pooris. Isn't it great? I am sending this to Joy of cooking's Complete my thali: Roti-Bhakhri-Poli-Thepla-Puri-Rotla event guest hosted by Torview



Ingredients:

Atta-1cup
Palak-1cup
Baking soda-a pinch
Water-For kneading
Salt- To taste

Procedure:

1. In a pan add washed and cut palak  with a tbs water.
2. When the water starts boiling switch to low flame and cover the pan for 1 minute.
3. Now grind it in a mixer grinder to a smooth paste.
4. Add atta, salt, baking soda and palak puree and mix well. 
5. Now add water to prepare a firm dough. It should not be soft.
6. Knead it well for 4minutes to make the dough smooth.
7. Make gooseberry size balls and roll them to thin circles.
8. Heat oil and fry the pooris and serve with gravy of your choice.
9. For preparation of plain poori and more tips on pooris click here.

You can also use cookie cutters to cut out various shapes to fascinate your kid



Labels: , ,